Common Name: Daylily
- 5.5", brilliant orange, heavily ruffled, recurved petals display a slightly darker red-orange halo
- Golden yellow-orange throat and matching stamens
- Flowers are held atop strong, straight, well-branched scapes
- Lots of buds ensure many weeks of blooms
- Nocturnal--tomorrow's blossoms open during the prior evening
- Extended bloom--flowers last at least 16 hours each
- A dramatic improvement over older orange daylilies, this large flowered selection sets the garden ablaze in color
This is considered a premium daylily, which means that it has been selected as highly performing plant with exceptional bloom performance, substantive, vibrantly colored flowers, complete winter hardiness in northern zones, and a vigorous habit.
Daylilies can survive many harsh conditions that other plants cannot including: polluted city environments, slopes, poor and dry soils, near pavement that is salted in winter, and under Black Walnut trees (not affected by juglone).