Hemerocallis 'Happy Returns'
Common Name: Daylily
- An extremely popular and widely used reblooming daylily
- 3", fragrant, canary yellow complete self
- Tepal edges are slightly crimped
- Of 'Stella de Oro' parentage, though flowers are slightly larger and a clear lemon yellow instead of gold
- Blooms profusely in early summer and reblooms sporadically until frost
- Deep green healthy foliage
- Very heat tolerant, but may pause blooming in the hottest parts of summer
Daylilies can survive many harsh conditions that other plants cannot including: polluted city environments, slopes, poor and dry soils, near pavement that is salted in winter, and under Black Walnut trees (not affected by juglone).
Characteristics (Compared to Other Daylilies)
- Early Bloomer, blooming in June.
- Rebloomer, producing a second set of flowers.
- Extended Bloom with flowers staying open at least 16 hours.
- Fragrant flowers.
- Dormant foliage.
- Diploid with 22 chromosomes. Most plants are Diploids.